The ReadyTalk Network Engineer will be responsible for establishing and maintaining network performance, network configurations, connections (LAN/WAN), troubleshooting and resolving issues related to network and unified communication infrastructure. The position will work closely with other technology focused groups within the organization to ensure systems are able to communicate on the network with one another in a secure manner.
- CCNA or Higher Certification
- 5+ years of Cisco Networking experience
- Strong Knowledge of Cisco Firewalls running 8.2 and 8.4 code or higher.
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot remote access, site to site and SSL VPNs.
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot complex firewall rule sets.
- Strong Knowledge of Routing Protocols and HSRP.
- Strong understanding of Layer 2 protocols such as spanning tree, vPC and LACP protocols.
- Service Provider / Telecommunication, vendor management experience
- Interface with internal clients when troubleshooting network issues
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Cisco Unified Communications applications including Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unity Voicemail, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco Jabber/Presence.
- Strong understanding of Cisco VoIP gateway operation
- MGCP, SCCP, SIP a plus.
- Cisco UCS experience is a plus
- VMware ESX Cluster experience
- Strong project management approach to implementing upgrades and new infrastructure.
- Problem solving abilities
- Ability to troubleshoot network related problems at all levels in a timely manner to reach resolution with the least impact on business operations as possible.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain network infrastructure including unified communication systems and applications.
- Ability to implement and support new and existing network equipment including Cisco Nexus Switches, Catalyst switches, Firewalls, Routers, Unified Compute System Platform, and VMWare ESX based hosts
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Perform routine maintenance on network equipment.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
ReadyTalk is an Equal Opportunity Employer