As a Strategic Account Manager you are responsible for building customer loyalty and ultimately developing ReadyTalk advocates within our strategic accounts. The outcome expected will be growth within the account and referrals for new opportunities. You will be involved from the beginning of new client relationships, managing the transition and on-boarding process to ensure a positive first experience.
Longer term you will be responsible for managing the business relationship, identifying new business opportunities, growing the business (revenue and usage), finding ways to integrate ReadyTalk into the customers’ business processes to increase retention, and developing referrals from their accounts. The ideal candidate for this position is driven and motivated to serve their customers needs first and foremost, both at the account and product / technical levels. In addition you must have demonstrated talents for account development, and should understand the strategic sales process and the importance of relationship selling.
Our Strategic Account Managers are self-motivated, well organized, and are creative problem solvers. They have excellent communication skills (verbal and written), and understand the importance of working closely with ReadyTalk’s overall sales and client services team. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate these attributes along with an energetic, persistent and outcome-focused passion for customer service and business success.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience plus four years minimum of experience in a customer facing Account Management, Sales, and/or Customer Service related role.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional customer experience with measurable results that demonstrate quality customer care and the ability to proactively build relationships and trust with customers.
- Demonstrated talent for account development and strategic selling.
- Responsible for managing, supporting, and servicing the account related needs of an assigned set of ReadyTalk’s strategic customers.
- Retain accounts through the development of strong relationships with key decision makers and users within an organization.
- Increase switching cost for competitors.
- Ensure customers are proficient in using ReadyTalk services by identifying user needs and providing training and consultative services.
- Field account and product related direct calls from clients, as well as transferred calls from the Customer Care team for issues and requests that require Strategic Account Manager involvement.
- Address client concerns and ensure the resolution of issues in a timely manner, with follow-up when appropriate.
- Transition newly strategic customers to ReadyTalk’s services by tailoring a transition plan to meet specific customer needs.
- Proactively conduct strategic account reviews with all assigned customers on a regular basis to review service needs and usage trends. Identify products and pricing that meet customer needs and ReadyTalk business objectives.
- Conduct Rate Reviews/Billing disputes and credits with strategic customers upon request.
- Proactively identify Accounts whose revenue may be shrinking so as to address any ‘at risk’ customers and reach out to these accounts to ensure they are retained as customers.
- Coordinate ReadyTalk Events, ReadyTalk Training, and Customer Support services for strategic customers, including backup delivery of support services as needed during peak business periods.
- Proactively develop relationships with key users and provide ReadyTalk’s Product Marketing team with customer feedback on product improvements.
- Responsible for growth of strategic account business to projected opportunity levels (with sales) for revenue, subscribers, and audio and web services usage.
- Increase usage and revenue by delivering useful and applicable solutions to client’s communications needs and sharing new ideas to drive increased customer satisfaction and help clients achieve their business goals.
- Build relationships with all key account contacts through proactive face to face, phone, and on-line interactions.
- Identify the key decision makers and build relationships with each one.
- Develop coach(es) to help navigate the account.
- Through strategic account relationships and contacts, identify new business units that can use ReadyTalk services. Research and develop a sales strategy for these opportunities.
- Consult with customers on how to use current and new products and professional services to improve their ROI with ReadyTalk’s conferencing services.
- Generate testimonials and referrals.
- Participate in definition and sending of Marketing Drip and Other Proactive Communication campaigns, including follow-up.
- Demonstrated talent for account development and strategic selling, with direct strategic selling training and experience a significant plus.
- Ability to build and maintain strong trustworthy relationships with customers. The ideal candidate is driven and motivated to serve their customers needs first and foremost.
- Professional and effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to interact with customers of all levels and abilities in a professional manner via face to face, phone and email mediums.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple issues/projects at one time and communicate status and resolution effectively and in a timely manner. Ability to maintain focus and composure with frequent interruptions. Capacity to work in a fast-paced, often changing environment.
- Strong problem-solving and attention to detail skills. Ability to solve problems creatively and independently, and work well with various team members across different departments.
- Proficient in MS Office products such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Proficient in use of CRM tools, with specific knowledge of Salesforce.com a plus.
- Technical aptitude to learn and consult with customers about technical aspects of the ReadyTalk service.
- Experience using web, audio, and video conferencing services a plus.