ReadyTalk

Meet with Confidence

ReadyTalk Labs! Wahoo!

Posted by Katie Green on
Share this Post:

Due to the fact that a lot of ReadyTalk products are client facing, our engineers have the opportunity to really make an impact in our product and the industry that we are in. Our goal is to capture innovation and take a sneak peak into what the future of ReadyTalk could look like.  In order to ensure engineers are involved in Research & Development we have implemented an 80/20 model.  How it works is that engineers will spend 80% of their time on the ReadyTalk product and getting new releases out to our clients.  The other 20% of their time they have the autonomy to build things that could potentially make ReadyTalk better.  It is an opportunity for unguided innovation and they can either work on something independently or team up with other engineers that they perhaps have not worked with in the past.

We celebrated Labs Day which was Friday 10/28/11.  The engineers were busy working on their personal projects and had the opportunity to present their ideas to the team.

The day started at 10:00AM with Demos from a few of our engineering team members including Dave Clements,Troy Hilland Ryan Kish.  We were then lucky enough to have Wahoo’s Taco Bar catered in for lunch. We got spoiled with chips, salsa and of course fabulous Wahoo’s Tacos.  After lunch we continued Demo Days with presentations fromMatt Klich,Rich Scottand Mike Jenson.  Homemade beer was served after the Demos wrapped up and a great time was had by all!


Katie Green is part of the ReadTalk Recruiting Team (AKA the Beaphins)  She has been in the recruiting industry for 10 years and has developed a strong interest in technology and technical recruitment. When she isn’t searching for technical talent for ReadyTalk you might find her at the tennis court, playing volleyball or learning a new song on guitar!

 


Comments for ReadyTalk Labs! Wahoo!

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts

New from ReadyTalk - Quick Share My Desktop

New from ReadyTalk - Quick Share My Desktop Hot off the press - we've just released an enhancement to our Quick Launcher product (available on Windows today and Mac next week). The...

Internet-wide Security Risk: How ReadyTalk is Addressing “Heartbleed”

It’s been all over the news: a major vulnerability in the encryption technology used across much of the Internet was recently discovered. The vulnerability causing these issues is...

Webinars: The Gateway Drug to a Video Marketing Strategy - Q&A Session Review

We recently hosted a webinar with the video marketing gurus over at Vidyard to dive into the idea of launching a video marketing strategy with the materials most of us already have...

Nobody is Watching Your Webinar and How to Fix It

Content is everywhere and in every form – videos, tweets, blogs, forums, whitepapers. I recently read an article that said by 2020 the amount of information on the Web is expected...

New from ReadyTalk - Modern meeting controls and VoIP enhancements

You may have noticed more frequent changes from ReadyTalk lately. In an effort to keep our controls fresh and functional for all of our different users we are continuously...

Comparing the Value of Webinar Leads vs. Email List Leads

Over time, marketers have innovated and refined many online avenues for lead generation, but the legacy email list continues to remain a top favorite. Viable alternatives, such as...

Feature Friday: How to Upload Your Video Clip

  Why Use this feature? I think it is safe to say that everyone hates when they see the word “download”. And the last thing someone wants when hosting a web conference is to lose...

The 8 Most Common Audio Conferencing Issues

Audio conferencing affects every area of business. From customer service to investor relations, poor audio quality is associated with a lack of professional competence. In order to...

Feature Friday: Promoting to Co-Presenter vs. Granting Control...What's the Difference?

Visit the ReadyTalk blog every Friday to learn more about a ReadyTalk feature.   We get a lot of questions on the difference between granting control and promoting someone...