The ReadyTalk Recruiting team has had a very busy couple of months and are excited to introduce several new employees to the ReadyTalk Engineering family. Last month, Chris Bishop joined us as a Web Application Engineer, Jason Buster is our newest addition to the Application Infratstructure team and Pete Winterscheidt is working on our Core Team as a Software Engineer. We are also looking forward to Robin Roscoe joing the ReadyTalk Team at the end of the month as an Agile Coach.
With the competitive nature of the tech market, one might wonder why so many extraordinarily talented engineers have chosen to make ReadyTalk their new home. Here are the top 8 reasons the best and brightest choose ReadyTalk!
1. ReadyTalk Labs! Twenty percent of your time at work can be spent on labs! You have the autonomy to build anything you can think up to help make our product better. It's an opportunity for unguided innovation. Check out our open source Java Virtual Machine, Avian. This is an ReadyTalk Labs project that one of our engineers, Joel Dice, started in his 20% time. Our native client application is now run on this platform.
2. Here at ReadyTalk, you’re surrounded by some of the most talented geeks in Colorado. There are always opportunities to learn from your neighbors and challenge one another’s ideas. Engaging other minds in problem solving and design issues is the norm.
3. You are not just a number at ReadyTalk. From day one, you will have the opportunity to come in and make an impact. One of our newer engineers, Ben Limmer, spotted front-end improvements to help better our Section 508 compliance, implemented the improvements and deployed the changes into production all within his first 3 months on the job.
4. Free Beer!! Our engineers have a passion for *GREAT* beer (and great software, duh). They spend hours brewing up the next best thing to share with fellow ReadyTalkers. If you come and visit the Engineering kitchen you will often times get a free taste test! If there’s not a homebrew, you can always enjoy a delicious Wynkoop beer!
5. Engineers are encouraged to contribute to conversations around the architectural decisions for new and existing features. Ideas and opinions are really heard...not just listened to. You’ll be making impact and taking names!
6. Nerf Gun Wars - There is never a dull moment on the engineering floor. Every engineer receives a Nerf gun and thier very own personal stash of darts. There are full-on battles taking place as we speak (OR write). Get ready to duck!
7. Nerd Book Club – At ReadyTalk we encourage you to keep up your hacking chops! The ReadyTalk book club buys you a Kindle (or dead tree) version of an engineering topic decided by the engineers. Past topics include Continuous Delivery and how to write Clean Code. You’ll never stop learning!
8. Finally, the main reason the top Engineers in the industry make ReadyTalk their home is the simple fact that they are given the tools, guidance and support they need to stay at the top of thier game! With such an innovative and collabrative environment they know they will always be a part of the leading developments in the software industry.
We are currently looking for Software Developers & Quality Engineers to join our team. Please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if would like to be the newest addition!
(Co-Edited by Ben Limmer & Matt Weaver)