Visit the ReadyTalk blog every Friday to learn more about a ReadyTalk feature.
Why use this feature?
Put your most polished foot forward! Edit your recordings to make them sound smooth and cohesive by cutting out dead time, white noise, unrelated portions, etc. This also keeps the focus on your content rather than distractions.
How to use this feature:
- Log into Conference Center
- On the ReadyTalk sidebar, select the Manage Recordings tab
- Select the Recordings tab underneath, then select your recording from your recording list
- In the drop down menu, select Edit under Manage:
- A screen will open that looks like this:
- Make sure to listen to your recording and decide which sections need to be cut
- When you have these determined, input those times into the “Start” and “End” sections. For example, if you know you need to cut out the first five minutes, enter 00:00 in the MM and SS of Start, and 05:00 in the MM and SS of the End section
- When you have input your times, click “Add cut point”
- You can repeat this process as many times as necessary until you have added all the portions necessary .
- When ready, click the “Make Cuts” button at the bottom of the screen
- The cutting portion takes a few minutes to process
- If you need to revert to your original recording, click the View Past Cuts link which will allo you to undo your cuts, or even revert back to the original recording.
And that's it!
Have you edited your recordings in ReadyTalk? Feel free to leave a note about your editing, or recordings in general, below.