There are several factors to consider when choosing an audio and web conferencing provider. This series of posts explores three items that are important for a potential buyer: User Experience , customer experience and cost.
We've explored the importance of user experience and cost when selecting an audio and web conferencing provider. But what role should customer service play in your decision? Everyone appreciates excellent customer service, however, it is sometimes easier to think of a negative experience rather than a positive one.
Web conferencing is no different. With a variety of different uses, from a three employee collaboration session to a large, business critical webinar, customer support available is incredibly important. Ask yourself the following questions when vetting a potential solution:
- Are they available 24/7?
- Do I get to speak with an actual human? If yes, how long does it take?
- How quick will they respond to my issue?
After becoming a customer:
- Is there an online resource center where I can look up any questions I have?
Do I have a dedicated account manager?
- Is this someone that I feel comfortable calling?
- Will this person go above and beyond to help me out?
- Can they provide helpful suggestions on getting the most from my subscription?
- Are there trainings that I can attend to learn more about the product?
- Are the trainings free?
If you will be hosting large web events, consider asking:
- What if something goes wrong?
- How quickly can I reach someone?
- Who will fix it?
- Can they troubleshoot?
- Will they be able to support my co-presenters? Will they be able to support my participants?
This may seem time like a ton of additional research, but you want to find a vendor who will be able to answer the above questions with ease. If they have the experience to go above and beyond for the customer, you can rest assured. You'll be grateful you considered everything if you were to encounter a question or issue. Before making any decisions, look onto a company's website or ask colleagues for recommendations within the industry. You'll be happy you did.
When considering customer service, what are other things you find important? Please share them below.