Audience recruitment consists of three main steps, beginning with identifying the group you want to recruit to your event. The next step is to create a series of impactful messages to drive registration, and lastly, the development of an intelligent, adjustable “invitation strategy” to attain the optimum number of attendees.
- Have your invitation approved and signed off four weeks before “Go Live!”
- Start promoting 2.5 to 3 weeks prior to your webinar event.
- Send four well-timed email broadcasts (we call them touchpoints). Your first touchpoint is ideally in an HTML format in order to include your branding. However, HTML is more susceptible to SPAM filters, so you have to be open to switching to plain text emails for subsequent broadcasts.
- We also create text-based invitation emails that our account executives send to select prospects and customers which can be personalized.
- Once registration is open and invitations go out, track all registration activity daily to ensure you are on track to maximize attendance.
What kind of cadence has worked for you? Let me know below. For additional best practices on how to create a compelling invitation see Attract the Right Webinar Audience with a Compelling Invitation.
Excerpted from ReadyTalk's ebook entitled Managing the Webinar Life Cycle from Start to Finish. Download your copy today.