In the last few weeks ReadyTalk has consistently been delivering more than a million minutes of audio conferencing a day (our web conferencing minutes are nearly double that!). This is a huge milestone for us – one that has been 10 years in the making. And if you work at ReadyTalk you know what that means -- its time for a party! The entire company celebrated recently at Braun’s Grill, we gave away cool ReadyTalk baseball caps from Oglio and for fun we rented a photobooth from Shutterbooth.
But for many of us (millionaires excluded), a million is a hard number to visualize. So we started thinking about what a million minutes actually means....One million minutes is…16,666 hours. One million minutes is…694 days. One million minutes is…1.9 years. It takes 278 hours to count to one million (if it was your full-time job, it would take 35 days to complete).
In the next one million minutes, the average person could:
- Upload 10 million hours of video on YouTube.
- Walk about 66,666 miles.
- Blink more than 20 million times.
- Have 5,840 dreams.
- Watch the movie The Dark Knight 6,579 times.
- Eat 50,000 meals.
What if you had a million dollars? You could buy:
- 33 full size 4WD pickup trucks
- 10-20 houses (depending on where you live, of course)
- 2000 TV’s
- 200 snowmobiles
- 50,000 music CD’s
- 40 university educations
- Half a Lear Jet airplane
Did you know?
- The average man grows about 1/8 of a pound of facial hair in a million minutes.
- From first grade until early in your sophomore year in high school, you will have spent about 1 million minutes in school.
- The average person spends about a million minutes on the phone in their lifetime (the events team is definitely above average).
- In a million minutes, a pig could run 183.333 miles.
- It takes Mars about a million minutes to orbit the Sun.
So, hopefully, now you too get the picture. This is a really big deal and we are very proud of this accomplishment. And, most of all, we are incredibly thankful to our loyal customers who helped us reach this milestone.