The Power of Webinar Tactics for Lead Qualification
Webinars allow you to not only generate leads, but are also an excellent way to generate lead qualification. By utilizing webinars to their full potential and focusing on gaining lead qualification from them, you will help your sales team become more successful in closing the deal. Here are six simple tips that you can use to generate qualified leads for any webinar.
- Create educational content. The most successful webinar topics for generating an audience provide educational content and explain “How to” or “Best practices.” This type of content will interest your audience and give them a reason to actually attend and listen to the whole presentation. Be sure to avoid marketing your product to your attendees during the main portion of your webinar—stick to your topic! The audience is there for a reason, and unless you stated that the webinar was to promote your product, they don’t necessarily want to hear about it, not yet at least. As an alternative, end your webinar with an invitation for attendees to stay on longer in order to learn more about your company’s products and services. You should automatically qualify the people who stay as interested and potential sales leads.
- Track return visits. Your marketing database can actually track the people who attend your webinars. While this information tends to be ignored, you should use it to your advantage. You can gain a strong indication of the interest and engagement attendees have with your product through the amount of webinars they attend. Maybe attending all of your webinars is a hobby of theirs, but it is most likely a sign that they are a qualified lead.
- Use in-session polls. What do most people have in common? They love to talk about themselves. Why is this good for you? The more you know about your audience, the more likely you are to close a deal with them. Polls should be presented as a way to help you provide better value for your attendees by asking questions such as: “Let’s find out what you are most interested in,” or “Tell me what level of detail you want.” The questions are about them, but provide you with valuable lead scoring information. It’s perfect.
- Analyze webinar reports. Utilize the data you collected about the amount of time people spent listening to your webinar in order to help identify qualified leads. However be careful! There are a number of reasons as to why people may join late or leave early, so be sure to only use this method as a supplement to other lead qualifying methods.
- Use the webinar feedback survey. If you have delivered solid value and demonstrated a giving attitude during your webinar, your attendees will be more likely to spend time on your survey. Ask them how they felt about the value of information they received and how applicable it was to their business. A positive response to this question is almost enough to have sales call them immediately. Be sure to always ask open-ended questions in your survey in order to give attendees the opportunity to explain themselves and give you a better understanding of their needs and opinions. Also, don’t forget to ask, “Would you like a contact from us?” To say the least, this will make your search process for lead qualification much easier.
- Qualify and act quickly. Analyzing your attendees and qualifying your leads a month after your webinar took place will practically be pointless. Act as soon as possible. Highly qualified leads need to be sent out to your responding crew quickly and timely. Be sure to inform your sales team about the topic and date of your webinar and even ask them to block an hour on their calendars the same afternoon to follow up with high priority attendees. This is an opportunity you absolutely do not want to miss.
Take advantage of webinars and use them to not only create lead generation, but also lead qualification. To learn more on the topic be sure to read Ken Molay’s eBook: Did You Qualify? Getting the Most Qualified Leads from Webinars.