At ReadyTalk, as you would hopefully expect, there are quite a few experts around our hallways that know how to put on the best webinar possible. We’ve had some great posts already in 2012, so I thought, time for a recap! Take a look at some of the great tips we have already provided, and surely, there will more to come.
Simone, our in-house marketing demand generation manager recently interviewed Wayne Turmal, CEO of Great Web Meetings, how to take your webinar series to the next level. What were some of the key takeaways?
- Careful execution is key. Plan, plan, PLAN!
- Be familiar with the various tools available for registration, audience engagement, ecommerce, etc. Each of these tools contribute greatly to enhancing your brand, and, of course, lead generation
Brandon, a product marketing manager like me, with a deep respect for all things Batman, kicked off a series on making your PowerPoint presentation more impactful. The most important goal of any PowerPoint presentation should be to get your key message across, in a visually attractive way. Here are some best practices:
- Use a relevant background image that is clean and speaks to your message
- Don’t over-inform: Keep your text simple and to-the-point
Did I mention it’s a series? Make sure to check back in soon for more!
Our resident training expert, Shawn, recently blogged about how to Engage your Audience, with one very important tip: Know your Stuff, and practice the mantra “Learn it, Live it, Love it!”
- Know your topic backwards and forwards….don’t let your audience stump you with outlying questions!
- Practice makes perfect: Talk about your material with peers, colleagues, friends….anyone that will listen! And, when putting on a webinar, practice using the software!
- Have enthusiasm! Or at least fake it. If you like your material that will naturally engage your audience.
Finally, a blog from Anita, the Director of Product Marketing, on how to use social media to promote your webinars, and more importantly, deliver results. She recently joined Deb Evans of Social Geek Radio to talk about ReadyTalk’s social media tools, like our participant sharing capabilities and how to use our recording and playback tools to extend the ROI of your webinar.
What other best practices and tips can we discuss in our upcoming blogs? Share your ideas with us!
Beth is a Product Marketing Manager and works with our customers to understand their needs as they relate to Event Services and ReadyTalk’s Conference Center, which is used to setup the details of our clients' upcoming meetings. Outside of the office, Beth loves to spend time with family and friends, cook, and hit the slopes.