For optimal web conferencing performance, we recommend the following system configurations:
|Operating Systems||Supported Browsers||Software||Mobile|
XP (services pack 3), Vista, 7 & 8+ (32 and 64 bit)
Apple iPad iOS 4.3+
ReadyTalk Mobile for iPad app
Recordings can be played from Apple and Android devices.
2.6+ kernel (32 and 64 bit); x86 CPU required
OSX 10.6+ (Intel-based processors)
More about ReadyTalk's System Requirements
Our goal is to make it quick and easy for both presenters and participants to get into ReadyTalk web conferences. Chairpersons and co-presenters must do a small, one-time application download prior to hosting a conference.
Most participants will be able to quickly attend conferences using ReadyTalk’s Flash-based participant application, which requires no download. For the best conferencing experience, we recommend participants use Flash 11 or higher. Participants who do not have a compatible version of Flash and cannot install it can join the conference with ReadyTalk’s alternative java-based participant application.
Additional Web Conferencing System Requirements
- ReadyTalk limits accounts to 200 slides to ensure that your account is easy to manage and that your slides load more quickly.
- Listening to Broadcast Audio requires computer speakers or a headset.
- VoIP Audio requires speakers and microphone, a USB headset is recommended.
- Video conferencing requires a web camera; an external web cam is recommended for the best experience.
- Flash 10.1 is required to view recordings.
Additional VoIP Conferencing System Requirements
- Up to 150 VoIP users may connect at the same time on a single access code.
- If more than 150 audio users attempt to connect (VoIP or telephone), the surplus users will hear a message that the conference is full.
- Mobile/Tablet devices are not currently supported (Although iPad users can join the visual portion of web conferences, these users will not have access to VoIP services currently).
- VoIP services will NOT work for a Chairperson connected over a network that uses a proxy (VoIP will work for Participants connected to a proxy).
- VoIP services will not work over pipe networking.
- We recommend that users connect through a wired network connection when using VoIP services to ensure the best quality due to the many issues that an unreliable wireless or tethered connection can cause.
- Audio quality will degrade significantly on networks with download speeds of less than 1.5 Mbps or wireless networks with inconsistent signal strength.
Additional Audio Conferencing Mobile App System Requirements
- To download and use the ReadyTalk Audio Conferencing app for iPhone a minimum of iOS 7 is required.
- To download and use the ReadyTalk Audio Conferencing app for Android, version 4.0 or greater is required.
- The app is free to meeting hosts and participants.
- To host an audio meeting, an active ReadyTalk subscription is required .
Questions About Our System Requirements?
ReadyTalk’s support [at] readytalk [dot] com (customer care team) is available 24/7 to support you and your meeting participants. You can reach us at 800.843.9166, email us at support [at] readytalk [dot] com or visit our support and training section.