A sysadmin’s work is never done. Keeping your infrastructure humming along like a well-tuned starship requires equal parts Geordi LaForge, Kaylee Frye, and Chewbacca. From well-meaning but misinformed users requesting root access to hardening gateways against DDOS attacks, it’s a job that if done right, looks like you’re doing nothing at all. Far from it, a sharp sysadmin, keeps abreast of the stream of constant changes to the technology stack. Everything from disk arrays, to network switches, OS kernel updates and beyond. It’s a tough job, but building and maintaining a fast and reliable infrastructure can make or break a company. That’s where you come in.
- 3-5 years of Linux administration or equivalent experience.
- Datacenter system administration experience.
- Flexibility to work outside of regular business hours as a release schedule requires.
- Passion for learning new technologies and lifelong learning.
- Install, configure and maintain Linux based servers.
- Develop and maintain server provisioning and maintenance automation.
- Support both engineering staff Linux workstations and production Linux systems.
- Provide server security, maintenance and monitoring.
- Monitor and balance resource utilization.
- Document systems, processes, etc.
- Write and implement monitors for system and application health.
- Participate in on-call schedule.
- Participate in virtualization strategy and systems architecture discussions involving bare metal and VM infrastructure.
- Ability to quickly learn and grok new technologies and implement them in existing systems.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, often-changing environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Good time-management, planning and organization skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively on a small team.
- Experience writing and maintaining runbooks
- Solid knowledge of Debian Linux.
- Solid understanding of IP networking. (TCP, UDP, ICMP)
- Solid understanding of network resources such as DNS and DHCP.
- Experience with a common scripting language. (Bash (prefered), Python, Perl, etc…)
- Experience with SCM repositories and workflows. (Git)
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies. (Xen, VMware)
- Experience with a configuration management tool. (Puppet, Chef, etc…)
Desired Additional Skills and Experience (these get you gold stars)
- Fibre San
- Cisco UCS
- AWS (EC2, EBS)
- SQL Administration
U.S. Candidates - Premiere Global Services, Inc. dba Premiere Global Services (PGi), and American Teleconferencing Services, Ltd. (ATS) dba Premiere Global Services (PGi) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
PGi participates in E-Verify. To learn more, please visit : http://www.uscis.gov/