The Manager of Business Development and Strategic Partnerships will lead the organization’s relationship management efforts with key partners, agencies, and co-marketing organizations. This person is responsible for managing existing partnerships while identifying and developing new relationships to scale ReadyTalk’s presence and brand awareness in verticals and key areas of focus.
The Manager of Business Development and Strategic Partnerships will lead the organization’s relationship management efforts with key partners, agencies, and co-marketing organizations. This person is responsible for managing existing partnerships while identifying and developing new relationships to scale ReadyTalk’s presence and brand awareness in verticals and key areas of focus. This persons should be a NINJA and able to demonstrate significant experience with complex business relationships, a high level of business acumen and general business knowledge, an ability to easily build rapport and establish trust, and must be capable of working autonomously to develop strategy and execute to plans. In other words – savvy, smart, and high powered!
Candidates must have previous alliance and relationship management experience and be an all-around great guy or gal! This individual must have a strong work ethic and internal drive that will allow them to thrive in our comfortable, yet unstructured environment. This person reports to the VP of Sales and Account Management.
- Lead activities for targeting, developing, and strengthening partnerships with technology and industry partners
- Responsible for managing large, complex partnerships with key Marketing and Technology partners
- Responsible for identifying, negotiating, and managing marketing opportunities with key partners and other business alliances
- Aid in developing monthly and quarterly strategic initiatives that will result in furthering the ReadyTalk brand and market presence
- Establish and maintain positive & proactive relationships with partners and drive continuous activity
- Working with sales leaders, drive alignment and cooperation of sales organizations between ReadyTalk and key partners to create new business opportunities
- Develop and execute account targeting plans for pursuing and closing strategic partnerships and deals
- Develop deep knowledge of ReadyTalk products and services and serve as a brand advocate within technology community and other key industries
- Deliver general ReadyTalk overview and value-proposition to partners and other stakeholders
- Maintain subject matter expertise by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- 5+ years of experience in SaaS, telecommunications, or technology business
- Demonstrable experience identifying and cultivating business partnerships
- Significant financial and business acumen and ability to create business cases and perform critical evaluation of business opportunities
- Experience managing multi-threaded, executive level relationships
- Able to take team and company goals and translate them into partnership and program ideas
- Experience leading meetings, demonstrations/presenting to senior executives
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to coordinate; lead across multiple teams and functions
- Creative and innovative thinker; Proactive, tenacious, and curious
- Excellent written and verbal communicator, as well as the ability to persuade, inspire, and motivate others
- Travel required (up to 50%)
- Familiarity with Webinar technology, marketing automation platforms, technology integrations, or CRM solutions a plus