Business Development Manager
ReadyTalk is an innovative software company based in downtown Denver. We develop and deliver audio and web conferencing solutions for customers that range from emerging startups to Fortune 500 companies. Our customers use ReadyTalk to conduct meetings, train, sell, and work productively while saving the time, expense and hassle of business travel.
ReadyTalk is a collection of talented people who are passionate about building innovative and useful software-based products and ensuring that our customers are completely successful with them. We are committed to the satisfaction of every single customer that chooses to do business with us. We take great pride in our customers’ success.
The ideal candidate for the Business Development Manager position will need the ability to support our sales team with business and technical support in strategic deals, to create thought leadership in the IT segment, and to support ReadyTalk’s strategy. The candidate will be able to build lasting relationships with customers, develop new opportunities for ReadyTalk, and sell at the “C level.” This individual must have a strong work ethic and internal drive that will allow them to thrive in our comfortable yet unstructured environment.
- Support the ReadyTalk Sales organization in customer meetings.
• Provide technical support for conversations involving the IT decision maker
• Be able to position the ReadyTalk service with relevant technologies deployed by companies, including Lync, Google, Salesforce.com, cloud applications and mobile.
• Build credibility and differentiation with the IT decision maker.
- Train the ReadyTalk Sales team on how to position and sell to the IT decision maker.
• Develop sales tools to support the sales conversations with IT.
- Build thought leadership for ReadyTalk in the Collaboration (IT) Segment
• Regular blogging on ReadyTalk and other related sites.
• Attend and speak at industry events.
• Work with partners to build a stronger value proposition for our customers and prospects.
• Create content that our Marketing team can use to develop IT focused campaigns
- Support the strategy work at ReadyTalk
• Identify and communicate industry and technology trends
• Help give context to strategy meetings around feature and product prioritization
• Work on identifying potential partners for IT and Sales application integration
• Comfortable working in a sales environment
• Comfortable selling to “C” level executives including CTO, CIO and IT Directors, and teaching others how to do the same
• Ability to navigate a sale with multiple decision makers and teach others
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to build and maintain strong, trustworthy relationships
• Effective time-management, planning and organizational skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with others
• Highly accountable to following through with commitments
• Strong presentation and public speaking skills
• Experience in training on technical topics
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 4+ years of experience selling at a strategic level
• Ability to thrive in a startup environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
• Strong experience with Salesforce.com
• Capacity to manage themselves
• Ability to work in a team atmosphere
• Strong attention to detail