Good news Colorado sales professionals; more than 80 CTO’s, CIO’s, and key decision makers for your Colorado target accounts will be in the same place all at once, on one day; and you can win their attention at C-Level @ Mile High, an annual event put on by the Colorado Technology Association.
C-Level @ Mile High operates just like an auction, with the “lot” being decision makers, known as “celebrities,” from all corners of the Colorado technology community. We’re talking companies like Arrow Electronics, Crocs, DaVita, Gates, Google, and the list goes on. So, how do you win some time with your desired contact? You bid the most! What’s better is you win more than just their time. With each celebrity comes an activity that you will join them for. Maybe its golf, maybe it’s the shooting range, maybe it’s just a fancy dinner. Regardless, it’s going to be fun and you’re going to get some quality time with that person. Choose wisely.
ReadyTalk has been a Silver Sponsor of CTA since 2009, and we have participated at this event in all capacities (bidder, sponsor, ambassador, and our CTO is a celebrity). With this experience comes some valuable advice that I’ll share:
- Review the list of celebrities and cross reference it with your current prospecting list. Determine a handful of organizations that you plan to target at this event – 3-5 is recommended. Be sure you will be able to recognize them.
- Know what projects are planned. On the day of the event, you will have access to current projects these celebrities are focused on or plan to undertake in the near future. Take your list of 3-5 contacts and see if any of them have projects that align with what you plan to sell.
- Be a social butterfly! What I mean is, don’t spend all of your time networking with the same people or your co-workers. This is a large event; treat it as an opportunity to have as many face-to-face conversations as possible.
- Make an impression by being different. You may not win a celebrity and you may have a hard time reaching them after the event. I suggest you find a way to make an impression that will last. Find common ground, set up a lunch meeting, ask questions about them, and be sure to listen.
- Don’t forget to have fun. This event has delicious food, plenty of adult beverages, and the atmosphere is light, engaging and fast-paced.
Best of luck at the C-Level event and if you are planning to attend shoot me an email or comment below. I’d love to meet you. Cheers!