A lot actually! It’s been an exciting few quarters here at ReadyTalk with a major focus on user experience, meeting quality and participant security. We completed two great projects that brought HTML5 and HD video capabilities to our core platform.
We refreshed our participant view with a more modern, intuitive and clean interface. This initiative moved us off Flash and onto an HTML5 based web browser client. You may have heard about Flash’s severe security flaws exposed in 2016. Highlights of our move to HTML5 and new participant interface include:
- Participants no longer need to install Flash. HTML5 is standard in modern browsers
- Participants can focus on the content with disappearing toolbars and a collapsible chat window
- Animated notification when a chat message is received and the chat interface is closed
- Improved settings menu to manage their audio connection and devices
- Dynamic window resizing
- VoIP using WebRTC technology which provides a high-quality audio experience
Since the HTML5 interface does not support Flash, our video conferencing solution got an update too! Enhanced video in core (EVC) utilizes new WebRTC technology. This allowed us to bring a variety of video upgrades to our customers and their participants. Highlights of EVC include:
- Simultaneous viewing of up to 6 webcam feeds; Previously only 4 feeds could be seen at a time
- Active speaker rotation that allows more than 6 participants to share their cameras, but select the 6 active speakers at any given time to be displayed
- More control over size of webcam feeds for both hosts and participants with dynamic resizing
- More seamless video streams with nearly no lag
I’m most excited about our UI updates in our Chairperson controls! Have you seen them yet? You’ll notice a fresher color palette, an updated look and feel, and a new Add Co-Presenter button making it that much easier to collaborate with your participants. Take a look when you have a moment and enjoy your next meeting!