Recently, one of our customers that uses the ReadyTalk for Salesforce integration asked how to use the application to encourage their sales team to invite their prospects to an upcoming webinar. A great question, and one that we'd love to answer!
The sales team needs to keep a prospect engaged by offering helpful resources, like a webinar, that offers value for their business, and subsequently moves them along in the buying process. Let's take a look at how the ReadyTalk for Salesforce application makes it easy for reps to invite their prospects to a webinar, which will, in turn, help increase registration and attendance rates.
The Webinar Organizer's Role
- Schedule and setup your upcoming meeting in ReadyTalk. Make sure to create an engaging invitation as this is what prospects will see when a salesperson invites them to the webinar.
- When importing the meeting into Salesforce, check the 'Allow Others to Invite' box. This will allow other salesforce.com users within your organization, like your sales team, to invite Leads or Contacts to this webinar.
- Let your sales team (and account management team!) know about the upcoming webinar….like when it will be, who the speakers are, and the target audience. If you really want to increase your registration and attendance numbers, organize a contest for highest prospect attendance by sales rep (see how below)
The Sales Rep's Role
- From the lead or contact record, scroll to the ReadyTalk Meeting History section and click on the Invite to ReadyTalk Meeting button.
- Choose Invite to Scheduled Meeting to display a list of shared meetings or webinars. Select the upcoming webinar that you would like to invite your prospect to.
- On the next screen, you can add others you would like to invite, like your prospect's team member or boss. Then click the Add and Invite to Meeting button. This will send out the invitation that the webinar organizer created in ReadyTalk.
- From the lead or contact record, you can view the status of your prospect's registration and attendance. So, if you see that their status has not yet changed to Confirmed for the webinar, you can encourage them to register, or, after they have registered, you can remind them to attend.
- After the event is over, you can also view how long they attended the webinar and if they answered any polling or post-event survey questions that might help you in subsequent conversations.
The ReadyTalk for Salesforce application offers a handful of dashboards and reports based on ReadyTalk Meeting and Meeting Member information. These are available automatically when the application is installed. In addition to the standard reports, you can create custom reports and dashboards on the data that is passed from ReadyTalk into Salesforce. For instance, as I referenced above, you can create a dashboard to track prospect attendance by sales rep based on the ReadyTalk Meeting Member: Created By field. Want some more ideas on creating custom workflows and reports from the ReadyTalk for Salesforce app? Check out another blog post from our own Salesforce admin.
Do you have more questions about how to use our Salesforce integration? Keep 'em coming!
You may also be interested in: