You probably spend more time with your mobile phone than you do with your significant other. After all, it’s with you at work, your commute and at home. It’s also an important productivity tool, giving you access to email, calendar and the apps you need to get your job done.
In fact, your cell phone is probably loaded with apps. The average smartphone user downloads 26 apps. We think the ReadyTalk app should be one of those.
The ReadyTalk mobile app eliminates the annoying steps of joining a conference call or meeting. You don’t have to enter phone numbers, access codes or pins. No pressing # and listening to an operator. It’s one-click to join or start meeting on the go or at your office.
Yes, the app lets you start or join a meeting on another phone. It will call you wherever you are. And, it doesn’t use mobile minutes. Read on for details.
How I Use It
Last week, I was in a meeting that was running over. I had back-to-back meetings scheduled. My second meeting was in another conference room and also had remote participants. I was the meeting organizer so I was worried about the folks dialing-in. I pulled out my mobile phone, opened the app and clicked Start Meeting. I selected the number for the conference room. When the phone in that room started ringing, my colleagues answered and were able to start the meeting. My 5-minute-delay didn’t delay the meeting and waste anyone’s time.
How Does it Work?
Have a scheduled meeting? The app works like this:
• The App looks at your calendar and identifies ReadyTalk meetings.
• 30-seconds before the meeting, you get a reminder to join the meeting.
• At this point, you’ll open the app.
• Select the phone number you want to join the call from. It might be your desk, Conference Room 1, your home office or your mobile phone.
• Click Join (it’s a BIG GREEN button).
• Select how you want to participate — web only, web and audio, audio only/
• If you select a web option, you’ll join the web portion of the meeting via your phone.
• Within 5 seconds, the phone you selected will start to ring.
• Answer. Join the audio meeting.
An on-demand meeting works the same way except you skip the first two steps. When you open the app, you select Start or Join from the On-Demand Meeting section.
How to Get Started with the ReadyTalk Mobile App
1. Download the app on your smartphone from the App Store or Google Play.
2. Allow the app to access your mobile calendar when prompted.
3. Set up your credentials and input your name, mobile number, ReadyTalk Conference phone number, access code and passcode and hit “Validate My Information.”