The Cost of Weak Online Conferencing for IT and Business
Conferencing is crucial to businesses, but they can also be detrimental without the right provider. The top 4 most common problems caused by weak conferencing are:
- Poor audio quality: Poor quality audio is one of those things that is hard to ignore, but can quickly ruin any online conference.
- Unreliable systems: Unreliable systems can cause panic and disruption. If you are using these systems for client meetings, it can damage your image and hurt your relationships.
- Difficult to join, difficult to use: Unintuitive and cumbersome conferencing solutions are a waste of time and resources.
- Lack of support: Your team should not have to troubleshoot your conferencing system when problems arise, but you may need assistance immediately. Lower quality conferencing services may not be available to assist you right away, or will send you to a user manual.
Do any of these sound familiar?
Not only are these problems frustrating, they could be quite costly to your business. Here are the 3 most serious ways your IT organization is directly affected:
- Security: With so much fraud, theft, and malicious software, your conferencing system security needs to be vigilant.
- Administration: Each conferencing system has its own infrastructure, and IT is normally stuck managing them. Choose the right one; otherwise, it may be a constant issue to maintain.
- Support: When conferencing systems are weak, IT takes the brunt of those issues. They are left troubleshooting problems, leaving less time for more important work.
Weak conferencing doesn’t just affect IT groups; these risks and costs affect the rest of the business as well. To find out more about the expansive costs a weak conferencing provider could have on your business, download our eBook, “What? Crackle. Drop.”