Visit the ReadyTalk blog every Friday to learn more about a ReadyTalk feature.
Why use this feature?
When you have an important meeting, you probably need as few interruptions as possible. A quick and easy method to do so is to turn off entry announcements. That way, when a participant joins or exits your call, you will not receive any notifications therefore helping minimize any unnecessary interruptions.
How to use this feature:
In the audio controls on a web meeting:
- Start your web and audio meeting
- On the top tool bar, select the Options button
- Click the audio tab
- Under the Entry Announcement Section select the Silent radio button option. Click Ok.
- You will hear a prompt that says“ When participants join and leave your conference, you will hear silence” therefore you know this is enabled
- To reverse the silent entry, go back into the Audio tab and change the setting as you see fit.
On the phone:
- Start your audio conference
- Hit *3 on your audio line
- This will default to the announcer telling you the setting of the entry announcement
- If you would like to change the entry announcement from the default setting, just follow the prompts.
Comments? Questions? Leave us a note below!
You might also be interested in checking out: