Beginning today, ReadyTalk’s new video conferencing feature is available to customers in a beta format.
Make your collaborative meetings more productive with integrated video conferencing. ReadyTalk video conferencing features include:
- 4 simultaneous video conferencing feeds shared by chairpersons, co-presenters, or participants.
- Up to 25 participants are able to view the video feeds.
- Participants viewing feeds can share their own when a slot becomes available.
- Chairpersons and co-presenters can actively manage the shared video feeds.
- Video feeds are shared in a film strip next to your web conference content.
There are many benefits to utilizing video conferencing with your exisiting collaborative audio and web conferences.
- Increase audience engagement by putting a face to your message.
- Create more effective meetings by sharing non-verbal cues that are often lost in traditional collaboration.
- Enable more personal interaction between remote workforces.
- Strengthen customer and prospect relationships.
What does "beta" mean?
Because this is a beta version of the feature, it doesn’t contain all of the features and functionality that will be available at launch. Your feedback is vital to its ongoing development. Please provide details each time you use video conferencing on our feedback form. As a customer of ReadyTalk you can sign up for access to beta version by filling out this form which will grant you access to the new video conferencing features.
Ready to get started?
Easily add video conferencing to any ReadyTalk meeting with simple icon based navigation and no additional downloads required. To get started follow these simple steps:
- Start by signing up for the beta through the online form. Video conferencing will be enabled for your account within 1 business day.
- The next time you login to your conference controls note the new button on the top bar labeled "Enable Webcams"
- Click "Enable Webcams" to launch the video conference for you and all participants and co-presenters. Note: The video conference feature will only work with less than 25 participants in conference.
- The feeds will automatically launch for your participants in the participant application shown below. Up to 25 participants will be able to view the shared video feeds even if they are not sharing a webcam of their own. Note the video conferencing feature requires Flash 11 or higher, if you do not have the correct version of flash installed you will be prompted to update as you join the video conference.
- To start sharing your webcam both as a chairperson or participant click the "Share my Webcam" button above the video feed film strip.
- After clicking the "Share My Webcam" button you will be prompted to accept the Adobe Flash Player Settings dialog. Click "Allow" and optionally "Remember" to prevent from seeing this dialog the next time you participate in a video conference.
- As the chairperson of the conference you have a couple additional options available to you from the drop down settings menu next to the "Share My Webcam" button. You have the option of selecting a different attached webcam by clicking "Select My Webcam" in addition you have the ability to keep the webcams on top of other content you may be looking at by clicking "Always On Top".
For more information on this feature please check out the video conferencing data sheet and how-to document. We are currently experiencing intermittent issues with Flash participants on the Firefox browser while participating in a video conference. We recommend your participants use Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Safari while participating in a video conference. To see a full list of our known issues please view the document. If you have any questions about this feature please contact ReadyTalk Customer Care at 800.843.9166 or leave your feedback in the comments below.