I know this sounds ridiculous – what's the point of meeting in person if everyone will be staring at their computer screens the whole time? Using web conferencing while we are all in the same room something we do all the time here at ReadyTalk (and not just because we're a web conferencing company). There are many benefits to meeting this way, here are a few of my favorites:
- Better quality meeting visuals than trying to project: Have you ever held a meeting where you are hoping to project some visuals only to spend the first 15 minutes of the meeting trying to adjust your computers resolution so the visuals will project in a somewhat normal size? How about dealing with the colors that never look right on projectors? ReadyTalk enables you to share your screen with any participant and will automatically scale your screen to their native resolution in full color clarity.
- Multitasking is much easier (and more productive): Lets face it, we're all going to multitask in a meeting. What better way to multitask than to have the web conferencing content right in front of your face along with anything else you're working on. There is a much greater chance of you staying in sync with the content if you're actually participating through the web conference than not watching the projector.
- Content can be shared by anyone in the room with no need to pass around a cable: I think the most annoying part of projecting is that when the presenter changes, and you spend 5 minutes fumbling around trying to switch the projector cable to the new computer. With ReadyTalk, you can easily pass control from one presenter to the other through our Co-Presenter feature. Co-Presenters then have full access to ReadyTalk's presentation tools.
- Meetings start much faster: This one is fairly obvious, no fumbling with projector cables, warming the projector up, or messing with screen resolution necessary! With ReadyTalk, simply start your online meeting from the web, on your desktop with the ReadyTalk Quick Launcher, or through the ReadyTalk Scheduler for Outlook. Participants can easily join your meeting through the ReadyTalk Quick Launcher's "Join a Meeting" feature. In a minute or less, your meeting can be up and running.
- Record your meeting: Often times you will be missing someone who is vital to the meeting or you'll simply want to take notes on what was discussed. Since you're already running a ReadyTalk meeting you might as well record it using our recording functionality. ReadyTalk gives you extremely easy one-click recording abilities so you can focus on your meeting and not getting the technology set up.
These are just a few of the many benefits of adding a web conference to your in-person meeting experience. If you've got some suggestions of how to improve in person meetings please share below.
Paul was formerly an Account Executive at ReadyTalk gaining valuable experience with competitors and the state of the web and audio conferencing industry. Currently in his role as Product Marketing Manager, he is in charge of the competitive landscape, on-demand audio products, and the web meeting interface. Paul loves the outdoors, his pup Huck, his wife Jess, and getting to the ski slopes as much as possible.