Make your webinar more accessible with Closed Captioning.
Closed Captioning provides support for participants who are deaf, hard-of-hearing or use English-as-a-Second-Language. Not only will this meet the needs of your participants, but it will also help your Organization meet Section 508 compliance requirements. The one-way dialogue from the speaker to participants is converted to real-time text and streamed through an easy-to-use online tool that follows the audio and web content being presented.
For additional information on the participant experience during closed captioning, including screen shots visit the Participant How To guide.
Benefits of Closed Captioning
- One-way dialogue from speaker to participant for up to 1000 participants
- No downloads for participants
- Immediate access to your event transcript
- Participant conversation with captioner assistance during Q&A (additional fees apply)
- Languages supported include English and Spanish
Pricing for Closed Captioning Services
Closed Captioning Services are available as an add-on to Direct and Premium Operator-Assisted Events and ReadyTalk Webinar Packages.
- Up to 60 minutes, includes an unedited transcript: $160
- Additional Time: $40 each additional 15 minutes
- Edited Transcript (available within 24 hours)
- Two-Way Communication between Captioner and Participants for Q&A
- Spanish Captioning and Transcription Services
- Q&A support
Contact your Account Manager for pricing.
How to Request Closed Captioning Services
Closed Captioning services must be requested 72 hours prior to the event start time in order to guarantee the availability of a caption operator. To request services, select “Closed Captioning” in the A La Carte section of the event order form.
If you need to cancel your captioning service, 24 hour notice is required or you will be charged for the full duration of the captioning service.
You will receive a confirmation email that includes the captioning link for the Closed Captioning services. You may paste this link into your ReadyTalk meeting invitation so that your participants will have access to the Closed Captioning Services and the webinar.
Note: If you are hosting a web conference, you may want to remind your participants that they will need to log in to 2 different websites for their Closed Captioning Services.